Monday, August 3, 2015

Lyre Chairs



These two chairs came in broken and missing pieces but the lyre backs were there so I decided to restore them.





There were enough pieces to put back together one chair. The second chair was only about half there so I used the pieces of the first chair as my guide for making the pieces I needed for the second chair.







You can't tell by looking which chair was whole and which one has whittle pieces (unless you look really close). I used a brown sugar glaze for the color and covered the seats with plain cream colored cotton fabric. I decided to put them in the kitchen. I like the color so much, I may just repaint the kitchen table to match them.

1 comment:

  1. Well Done Theresa! I can't tell the difference between the 2 chairs either. It must be gratifying to finally be able to have a permanent home for them within your French house too! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete