Thursday, August 13, 2015

Metal Wash Stand



Well, I'm really going to accelerate things now. I will have the house mostly done by my self imposed deadline, all except for the decorating which will not take much longer for the personal finishing touches. This cute little wash stand looks like painted, rusty metal. The wire gives it a fragile look.

I knew I was going to make one the first time I saw it in the book. It's that cute.





The pieces were all cut out of florist wire and cereal box card. Then they were glued together and coated with gesso.





When the gesso was dry, I gave it a rusty dry brushing with a little acrylic paint called brown sugar. According to the book you can underpaint it with black and then sand some off to give it a chipped metal look.




But I think it looks good just the way it is. I love the way it turned out. It really does look like old rusty painted over metal.





I added a little towel holder on one side. It will go in the bedroom to hold linens and bed clothes.

2 comments:

  1. It really looks Wonderful Theresa, and I'm sure are "happy as a clam" with your results! :D

    ReplyDelete