Sunday, August 30, 2015

Coffee Table





I wasn't going to make this table either, that's why it's one of the last pieces to get made. I made an oval table but it didn't look right in the room so I finally gave in and just made this one instead.







I cut all the pieces out of basswood according to the instructions and glued them together. I had to make little adjustments to the measurements to get it to fit snugly into the shelf. I pre-fit it together before gluing.







Then I let that dry and then sanded the table smooth before giving it a coat of wood color acrylic. When that was dry, I lightly sanded the edges to give it a worn look.





The chunky square furniture does indeed go with the style of the room. I got the little tea set from ebay. I like this little table, it does add a certain amount of charm to the room. All it needs now is a few little books and magazines to make it look homey.



No comments:

Post a Comment