These were part of a lot of broken and half finished kits I acquired on the cheap. Some of the pieces needed to be glued back together and some pieces were missing.
I loved the delicate look of the candle stands and firescreen so I was pretty sure I would be able to fix them.
So I decided to restore the legs and finish them out. I decided to carve the pieces out of basswood. Each piece needed four legs to stand on. There were two different sized legs.
I wound up carving out eight legs. These are so fragile that I broke a couple of them just sanding and holding them firmly in place to dry. Over all, they do add a little extra elegance to the living room though so I think they were worth the trouble.