Thursday, July 30, 2015

Firescreen and Candle Tables




These were part of a lot of broken and half finished kits I acquired on the cheap. Some of the pieces needed to be glued back together and some pieces were missing.





I loved the delicate look of the candle stands and firescreen so I was pretty sure I would be able to fix them.





So I decided to restore the legs and finish them out. I decided to carve the pieces out of basswood. Each piece needed four legs to stand on. There were two different sized legs.





I wound up carving out eight legs. These are so fragile that I broke a couple of them just sanding and holding them firmly in place to dry. Over all, they do add a little extra elegance to the living room though so I think they were worth the trouble.

1 comment:

  1. Those ar4e wonderful pieces! You did an excellent job fixing them. They are totally sophisticated. Lovely!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete