Monday, April 27, 2015

The Bathroom Toilet




I took one of the bowls I made by forming paper clay over a tsp measuring spoon and added 2 thicknesses of foam core to make the shape of the bottom of the toilet. I carved out a curve in the top to glue the bowl to.

Then I filled in the sides and added paper clay to the foam core to make the shape.






I glued two thicknesses of cereal box cardboard together with the hinge in between on the seat and lid. I made the hinge with aluminum tape and a piece of wire. I added a roll of paper clay around the seat and smoothed it out to give it a little padding.

I just painted the lid and seat. I added a little back piece to the toilet to hold the hinge in place so the lid and seat could be raised.







I used glossy accents to add "water" to the bowl. After it dried I added a little more to top off the water level.

I made the water tank out of balsa and added a wooden dowel "pipe" down to the back of the toilet. I made the water inlet to the tank from florist wire. It goes all the way down to the floor.

Bathroom fixtures... not that hard to make! All the bathroom fixtures will be permanently attached to the floor and walls when they are done.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Theresa! Love the toilet! Yours turned out very well! I am impressed by the speed that you are completing each space! WOW!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete