Friday, November 15, 2019

The Turret

I wanted a little place for my mice to hide and peek out a window from so I decided to make a turret for them to play in. I cut the door first. I haven't decided whether to keep it as a hidden door or make it visible yet.




The inside is a little messy but I'm going to clean it up. I can't get in there to wallpaper it so layers of paint and maybe some glued paper will work Next, I cut a window on the front for the turret.






The window gets finished out like the rest. I made the floor of the turret out of foam core board and glued it in from the inside.





Once I started cutting windows on this thing I couldn't stop until I had it pretty well all windowed up. I think I've reached a point after this all dries where I can give the stump a base coat of paint next.






 UPDATE: The turret has a fresh coat of paint and a little round mattress. I had to patch a few cracks and holes in the enclosure first and wait for it to dry.






The outside of the turret is hidden. It has a little door knob so you can open the door.



No comments:

Post a Comment