Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Making Windows Openings

I decided to cut out some windows. I've been thinking about how I want to do this for a long time. I used an exacto knife and just started cutting.




My knife blade was sharp so it didn't damage the interior wallpaper much. It can be touched up. I smoothed out the paper clay into the sills and around the windows. They turned out O.K. I didn't want to put in too many windows but I wanted one downstairs by the door.

The thickness of the paper mache kind of made my decisions for me. I just couldn't cut into the thicker parts of the stump.


WHAT'S NEXT

I so want to put a turret room up in one branch to store the mice so they can peek out at you. I'll have to figure that out. Maybe an outside ladder or a balcony somewhere... lichen steps sticking out of the bark...

But first, mice need a way to climb up to the second story and they like to climb on vines.

Yes, this time Stump Cottage is going to get finished. The mice are tired of waiting for their home to be done!

Maybe they will be home for Christmas... we'll have to wait and see.


No comments:

Post a Comment