Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Finishing Windows and Panes

I decided to use a soft packaging plastic for the windows and use sticks for the pane frames. My main goal is not so much to make them look realistic as it is to just keep the dust out. I can really start to see it coming together now.





I took window boxes from another unfinished project and cut them down for these windows. I added little potpourri pieces of natural nut and seed shells to the windows to make awnings.




First I made little paper cutouts of each window shape and then I cut them out of my plastic sheet of flexible packaging plastic. Even thin plexiglas would have been hard to cut with all those circles and I was afraid it would split and crack on me.






I just gathered some sticks out in my yard along the fence line and cut them to fit each window. I used a strong wood glue to glue them in place. Wood glue is hard as a rock when it's dry and it will fill in small cracks and crevices too.







No comments:

Post a Comment