Sunday, November 24, 2019

Painting Bark and Greenery

I love the exterior bark look on this. When I made the stump back in 2006 I used sheets of brown paper dipped in paper mache to drape the crumbly wood texture onto a taped cardboard shaped stump. I loved the way it dried with all the nooks and crannies.






This is the final paint job. It has a lot more contrast than the first paint job. I used dark brown as a base coat this time and did dry brush gray and tan over it in layers until I got what I liked. It just made that bark pop!




Once I got all the bark painted, the rest went real quick. I got most of the outside decorated in one day. I put sheet moss on the grass and just added garden areas to the sides.






My outside climbing vines look pretty good to me. They reminded me of tobacco twists but I used them anyway.





 The (mostly) finished outside is absolutely beautiful!




I'm going to do a lot to the front. Those windows will be absolutely adorable when I get them done.



No comments:

Post a Comment