Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Second Story Floor

Oh this was challenging. Because the stump was not a perfect circle, the floors were odd shaped. I had a tough time just getting the shape right but then, it looked crooked even when it was straight because I measured it.




I decided to put sticks the same length up from bottom to top to get a straight look for my floor.




The walls are not straight up and down so it was all hit and miss. I got it to where I can live with it. Then I glued the top floor to the top of the wooden sticks. I also added some woodwork to cover the edges of the bottom floor.



To finish the flooring I decided to seal it with matte Mod Podge. There is a cardboard layer between the layers of popsicle sticks on this floor so I had to brace it underneath until it dried so my floor wouldn't warp.




Sealing the floor helps keep it clean and fills in the cracks so dirt and debris can't get in it. It makes it look pretty too and gives it a luster but not a gloss. It dries clear and cleans up with water.




The first floor is lightly sanded and coated too.



No comments:

Post a Comment