Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Unicorn Update

I have several irons in the fire right now. I like to stay busy. I'm already working on Christmas and I'm also doing several sculpts in between projects. I have all the layers on these two but as soon as I say that, I'll want to add more to a few areas before I paint.





My unicorn is really shaping up. I still have to add the detail to his feet and give him a little more muscle definition before I'm happy.




The paper clay recipe I used is extremely hard when it dries. He accidentally got knocked over and only one crack on one leg. It was an easy fix.





I also made this little bunny. It was more fun to make because you can have a shape that resembles a bunny and you would have to mess up horribly for it not to be recognized as a bunny but with a horse, you pretty much have to be more exact to make it look right.






The fur hides a lot of mistakes. So I've got one more layer to the bunny for fur and then I can paint it. I like to let them dry for a few days in between layers to make sure they are good and dry. I also put them in front of a heater and turn them.


No comments:

Post a Comment