Sunday, October 20, 2019

Cement Block and Steps

The first cement block I made was just a scrap piece of wood that I painted. It looks ok but not exactly what I wanted. I wanted a block that had real holes in it and was textured to look like cement.




I decided to cut out thick cardboard on my Cricut machine so first I had to design a block shape and import it into the program. Then I cut out about 30 pieces of the pattern and just glued them all together to make a more realistic block.




Once it was dry, I filled in the sides with a little paper clay and added texture with it. Then I painted it with two shades of grey paint dabbed on.





THE STEP

I wanted a little pullout step up to the camper door so I used florist's wire and a piece of large popsicle stick to make one. I drilled two holes into the step and bent my wire around it. Then I drilled holes into the frame and pushed my wire through. I bent the ends so the step would stop at about an inch.




The step slide in and out easily as needed, just like a real one. All I have to do now is paint it.


No comments:

Post a Comment