Monday, October 5, 2015
Working On The Outside
I've started painting the outside edges and I put siding on the wagon. I also made windows in the mollicroft and finished them out. I got the tri-door hung with hinges that I made out of layers of aluminum tape and straight pins. I still have to trim them out and find some knobs and hardware - or make some.
I'm cutting my own finishing strips for the trim out of thin balsa wood. I get it in 1/16" and 1/8" thicknesses in sheets of 6" x 24". It's cheaper to cut the little stuff yourself.
I'm almost out of this shade of green paint. I'll have to get some more Apple Barrel Vinyard Green. I think I'm going to paint the corrugated siding with a darker green with the color of FolkArt Thicket and save the Vinyard Green for the trim.
I haven't even drawn and cut out the steps or the tail gate yet but the windows are next on the list.