Because I used the drawing of the child's bed on the book page to form the shape of the frame, I just assumed I would do the same thing with the double bed so I jumped in before I read all the instructions. Not a good idea. But once I had the frame cut and put together, I didn't want to waste my wire so I decided to just finish it (too small) and just make another the right size.
Well that will teach me to read first and not be in too much of a hurry! :)
So, I wound up making two beds... one according to the instructions that fits well into the bedroom and one somewhat smaller but will look good in a room box someday in the near future.
It was good practice for me to work with that kind of wiring. The kind of wire I had could be hollowed out and stiff wire inserted so I was able to make it work in the end and I could bend it into shape and glue the pieces together with wood glue.
I gave the bed frame a coat of gesso and gold paint. I made the little box springs and mattress out of foamcore and glued cotton over them, cut a piece of lace for the cover and made a little stuffed double pillow to match.
It looks just like an old-fashioned metal frame bed.