Saturday, March 31, 2018

A Dollhouse for My Dollhouse

Teeny tiny. This little doll house is tiny! It's for a doll's house. The base is 2-1/2" x 1-3/4" and it's only about 3" tall. Check out this video on YouTube by The Square to Spare. I took her idea and modified it to suit me. I used toothpicks for the railing. Everything else is cardboard since my hands are not as strong as they once were and it's really a pain to cut out wood with an exacto. The top story is basically a roof. I modified the porch, doorway and windows a little.






So I took her idea and tried to duplicate it in cardboard. I had some empty cereal box weight cardboard lying around (ok so I got a sweet tooth) and I also had some shiny thin card stock that I used for siding, although I might paint over it later.




This is just a start of a tiny really involved project. I put dividers in my rooms for additional strength and support.

I spent a whole day on this so far and didn't quit until 1 a.m. You could say I was focused.

Yes, I plan to decorate it and make teeny tiny furniture for it too. This is just the start of it.




2 comments:

  1. You are Very Creative and you do the most interesting things! Love your dollhouse for a dollhouse :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elizabeth! I appreciate your comments so much. You are very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete