Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Faux Metal Bird Cages

I made one of these a while ago but thought I would make some more because I really like them. They are cute as a button.



I got the tutorial from Dollhouse Miniatures by Elizabeth . Start saving your empty little pill bottles now to use as a mold for the wires. Or you can also use your clay rollers as they are about the right size. You will just have to tape the wires down until dry.

You can make the top cap out of jewelry finding end caps or make some out of polymer clay or other beads. It's up to you. They're so stinkin cute I just love them. I've thought about putting a little bird in them for a dolls house decoration.




You can also use empty pill bottles as a base for making little baskets. I'll get into that maybe later. There is just so many pretty things to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment