Sunday, February 11, 2018

Add a Couch

I just had to make a couch to match my chair. I just extended the pattern and made 2 cushions with a split skirt on the front and a kick pleat. My lofty quilt batting does make it look overstuffed but I like a comfy couch anyways.




I've about got it narrowed down to a fine art now. Step-by-step makes it go quickly but the time consuming part is always the trim. It takes a long time to cut out and get the piping done. It's not that hard, just really, really messy and time consuming. You have to squeeze the fabric around a thin piece of string and all that glue smooshes out through the fabric. I can't think of an easier or less messy way to do it.




If you don't like working with sticky fingers, you won't like making piping. And it's O.K. if you want to leave it off. But it looks so stinkin' cute! These chairs and sofas can be altered any way you like. You are the designer.




Little pillows and maybe a tiny afghan would look cute! I'm thinking ahead again.


No comments:

Post a Comment